5/12/12

My mommy diary: my first mother's day



As I am in the midst of celebrating my first mother's day, I just keep thinking, "I can't believe I'm a mom!" I've wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember. My mom tells stories of two-year-old me carrying my baby brother around pretending to be the mommy. When I became an aunt, I did everything I could to get in nephew time and jeff joked that i wished i was they're mom (there may be a little bit of truth to that). Now that I am here, I can look back over the last year and think, "yeah, motherhood is all that I dreamed it would be, and more." I absolutely love being a mom. Sure there are moments when I want to pull my hair out in frustration or exhaustion, but overall being a mom is awesome. There is nothing else like it. To have the love of this tiny person and to love him in return with all your being is so unique. It's given me a better understanding of how God loves us, his children. I wouldn't trade this for anything, and feel incredibly blessed. Happy Mother's Day to you fellow mothers out there and especially to my mom and grandmothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment