5/22/13

A Simply Sweet "Baby Girl" Baby Shower

This last weekend, I helped throw my beautiful friend Rachel a baby shower.  Rachel had requested a laid back co-ed shower at the park where family and friends could relax and play some games.  Of'course, we still had to highlight that sweet little girl growing inside her, so we went with a simple "baby girl" theme and tried to not get too stuffy with the decorations.

I think it turned out beautifully.  We were blessed with gorgeous weather and some good food, thanks to the mom to be's grandpa (can you say carne asada?).  And I think our decorations were just enough to make it feel like a baby shower without making the men uncomfortable.

These napkins were picked out by the grandma-to-be and became my inspiration for the decor.

I made a simple burlap "baby" banner for the unnamed baby girl as well as some cute fabric flag bunting to hang across the gazebo.






I also strung up some onesies and outfits for the baby girl over the cupcake table.


Little pink bows went in between the onesies.

The cupcakes were made by one of the hosts' mother and were adorned with pick chocolate booties.

My good friend Kerri (who you can find over at The Creative Side) was in charge of the centerpieces and decorated the picnic tables with Mason jars wrapped in burlap and twine.  Little plastic pacifiers finsihed off the look.  I thin kthey turned out so cute!



For the pink table runners, we had the great idea of buying cheep plastic table cloths from the dollar store and cutting them in half to make a simple runner.  It was so much easier that my first idea which was to sew table runners from fabric!


Finally I decorated a basket for the baby's library since we had asked guests to bring a book in place of a card.


Here is a shot of the beautiful couple.  They are sporting the pacifier necklaces that Kerri made for the shower game.  You know, the one where you can't say certain words, or your necklace get's stolen?  The guys and kids loved the game.


And here are the beautiful ladeis that made this shower come together.


And me and the beautiful mom to be.  You can't even tell she's 8 months pregnant!











   

No comments:

Post a Comment