6/5/12

Wesley's Nursery

Here are the pictures of our completed nursery. It was a labor of love as we handmade many of the items in the nursery from the crib bedding to the dresser. And dont let me for get about painting those stripes!  We also received several handmade gifts including the 3 paintings you see below hanging above the crib.  Our dear friends Randa and Ethan gave those to us. 

I sewed the crib sheet, crib skirt, and even recovered the glider cushions myself.  It was a major feat to say the least. 
I also made the mobile and covered an Ikea lamp shade in chevron fabric.  The book shelves in the picture above are actually Ikea spice racks that we painted black.
Find out how I made the mobile HERE

Jeff made the asterisk clock and window mirror.


We found this dresser at a thrift store and painted it white and added the decorative trim and new handles.  I also made the changing pad cover using this tutorial from Prudent Baby.

 I also sewed the "Wesley" pillow you see in his crib. The rug is from Ikea.
 I saw several prints on Etsy that I liked and created my own version of them. (you can download a free printable here.)  Jeff created a valence box to hang above the closet and I sewed a curtain out of old sheets.
 Jeff made the floating shelves and we framed chalkboard contact paper in cheap frames from Ikea. 
 Wesley loves his room so all the hard work was worth it!  

5 comments:

  1. Jessica! So cute! I love the color combos. So fun to see you as a mama...except that it makes me feel old...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'm sure painting those stripes was hard, but well worth it. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Such fun pops of green. The stripes are fantastic!!

    Side note- every time I stop by I can't help but say to myself 'let's see what Jeff's been up to today'. I'm sure you do just as much as Jeff, but I still think of it as Jeff's projects. Ha!! :)

    ReplyDelete